There is something whimsical and fun about pom poms. I loved making them when I was little and after seeing lots of lovely ideas for pom poms wreaths I decided to give one a go! I had an old Mollie Makes magazine floral wreath kit that I hadn’t used (except for the flower I used on my Easter Basket), so I decided to make the remaining felt flowers and add some pom poms. Today was a lovely sunny day and it was so nice sitting outside surrounded by wool and felt and being creative – good relaxation.
Is there such a thing as too many pom poms??! I hope not…
If you’re feeling inspired to make your own wreath here are some tips:
- Choose some colourful and fun felt and wool
- Cover a hoop with wool by winding it round tightly, sew the end under to secure
- Make your pom poms – the more the merrier!
- Cut petals shapes from felt with a small slit of the bottom of each petal, overlap the petals at the bottom and secure together with matching embroidery thread. Or check out the methods used on the Paper & Stitch Blog.
- Attach your pom poms and flowers by gluing, tying or sewing.
P.S. There are a couple of affiliate links above.